Yardstik, Inc. (“Company” or “Yardstik” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website (www.yardstik.com), including the access-restricted portion located under the “Login” tab (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this Website. It does not apply to information that we collect offline or through other means.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under the age of 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, company name and position title, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“).
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you: about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, or usage details (“non-personally identifiable information”).
- Information related to the background screening and related services you are requesting from Yardstik.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Website.
- From third parties, for example, our customers, business partners, and vendors.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Login information, billing information, account information in order to access your account and perform the requested background screening
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Your submissions to our careers portal, including your resume, cover letter and social media sites if you choose to upload those
In connection with the above, we may collect the following types of information: name, company name, job position, telephone number, postal address, email address, date of birth, social security number, driver’s license number, employment and education history, payment information, and username and password.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies Including Cookies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its content to you.
- To provide you with information you request from us or may be of interest to you, including through the Yardstik newsletter if you subscribe to such.
- To provide background screening and related services to our customers.
- To bill customers for our services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, such as the APIs Yardstik offers.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website.
- To identify usage trends and patterns on our Website and make improvements to our Website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- To consider applicants for employment.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about you, including non-personally identifiable information.
We disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yardstik, our customers, or others.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Therefore, this policy grants you the right to access, correct, or delete your personal information, or to opt-out of certain personal information uses or disclosures. To exercise these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or log in to your account through the Login tab on our Website. Please note that while we will do our best to accommodate your request, we reserve the right to decline to change your personal information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Additionally, if, after subscribing to receive emails or other electronic communications from Yardstik you no longer wish to continue receiving such from us, you will be provided with instructions in our communications on how to opt-out of such communications, including by unsubscribing. In addition, you can also contact us via the contact information below.
Yardstik has implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards reasonably necessary to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of personal information in our possession.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we try to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
PRIVACY NOTICE: CALIFORNIA INVESTIGATIVE CONSUMER REPORTS
This notice is provided for California residents pursuant to state law. Under California law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1786 et seq.), an “investigative consumer report” is a background report containing information on a consumer’s character, general reputation, personal characteristics, or mode of living. Under California law, Yardstik compiles “investigative consumer reports” about individuals and provides them to businesses for background screening purposes.
Personal Information Disclosure: United States or Overseas. In connection with our preparation and processing of investigative consumer reports under California law, we are required to advise you that Yardstik does transfer personal information to our authorized service providers and affiliates outside the United States and its territories.
If you have questions or requests regarding our privacy practices or policies, including in the event of a compromise of your personal information, please contact us at the contact information below.
4600 West 77th Street
Edina, MN 55435